Another year older...





..another year wiser? Hopefully so. My last posting here was last year about my milestone 60th birthday which was celebrated on the 20th of May, together with my son's wedding reception. Well,  it's one year on now and time really flew soooo fast.. hadn't it?


So, what has happened in the past year since?  My father-in-law passed away on the 29th of September at the age of 84. He died peacefully in his sleep in the wee hours of a blessed Friday morning. Sadly, I was unable to attend his funeral because I was in Singapore with my children. My husband was supposed to be with us then but he could not make it. He had been having mixed feelings actually and a sense of unease. I guess Allah wanted him to be in the country when his father breathed his last. 


It was a very sad time for my husband when his father died. He had lost his best friend forever. Someone he had so much respect and admiration for. Someone who loved him very much and who believed in him. He still gets teary eyed whenever he thinks of his late dad, which is understandable as he had his dad till the age of 47. That's surely a long time to have memories of a loved one...to be cherished forever.


In the last one year, nothing significant happened in my life but for a few health issues which hopefully  gets resolved eventually. I have a bad case of the GERD. Sighhhh...a lot of things that I need to take care of especially when it comes to eating. A change of lifestyle is needed too. Not an easy task though... slowly but surely. This year, I hope to achieve more in my life in terms of spiritual healing and doing more charitable deeds.


On the global front, what's been happening in GAZA and is still happening worries and saddens me no end! Where has humanity gone???  What had happened to the women, innocent children, the elderly... is something no one in their right mind can ever think of doing! Only those sick in the head without an ounce of feeling or emotion can do the unthinkable... the inhumane...no matter the circumstances.  I will not dwell too much on this but I hope and pray for a speedy end to these atrocities that has taken the lives of thousands of people. 


May the rest of 2024 bring us hope, peace, love, tolerance and understanding. May all the lives lost in GAZA be remembered for their sacrifices. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello!!!

LIFE...without FACEBOOK for a week.

Resolutions, resolutions, resolutions...