Before it's too late....

This morning, a neighbour of mine when I lived in Glenmarie, Datin Shazarina succumbed to liver cancer. This sad news was conveyed to me by my cousin earlier. The shock to me about her death was that for a non-smoker and non-drinker, it seemed preposterous that she died of liver cancer. But then, as how life goes, nothing can be taken for granted and nothing should be left to chance. Expect the unexpected because we may never know what waits for us around the corner. It may be something good, which is what we should be thankful for, or something bad that may leave us stumped for words and reeling in disbelief.Take stock of your life, look after your health. Even loads of money can't redeem a death sentence. Eat healthily, live clean, smoke free, alcohol free...exercise regularly too.

After hearing the news, I thought long and hard about life, especially mine... what I had gone through and what I would expect in future. I have not done enough to ensure a good health for myself. There are still lots more to be done. Of course not everyone will die of a disease or some other ailment but it's good to prepare oneself of any eventualities. I don't smoke and neither do I drink, ever, but that does not mean I should be complacent and be careless. Anything can happen and unexpectedly too.

'Semoga Allah mencucuri rahmat keatas roh allahyarhamah Shazarina dan tempatkannya bersama orang-orang yang beriman. Amin'.


I too take this opportunity to seek forgiveness from loved ones, family and friends, for I may never get the chance to do so.

To all my children, Hariz, Nisrin, Omar, Aiman, Imran and Dhirah, mama wants to ask forgiveness for all the wrongs that I have done towards all of you. Whatever harsh words or things that I have said that have hurt you, it was unintentional. Mama too have forgiven all of you, your sins towards me, if any and the tears you have caused me to shed.

To my ex, forgive all my wrongdoings towards you, for it was never my intention to hurt you, in any way whatsoever.

To my other family members, loved ones and friends, forgive me all my sins, intentional or otherwise, for I am only human with imperfections.

May Allah bless you all, always!!!

Comments

  1. subsoniqueboom!December 22, 2010

    nicely written LDK. and forgive me if i had wrongly treat you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. subsoniqueboom!December 22, 2010

    treated, hehe sorry for the error.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello!!!

A MILESTONE birthday...

Marriage - Second Time Around (Part 2)