LIFE...without FACEBOOK for a week.

Since I am on a one week's leave of absence from Facebook, I thought I'd have a daily log of activities, starting from Day 1 till Day 7, or whatever day that's the last...haha

DAY 1 - Thursday, 26th January, 2012

Started off the day as usual. Went around the condo cleaning and dusting and collecting bags of trash to be thrown down the chute. Had a shower, got dressed then went to Peekaboo at  The Curve for my customary hair wash. Lucky I went there early, otherwise I would have had to wait longer for my hair to be washed since it was their first day of reopening after the CNY celebrations and some of the staff were still on leave.

After Peekaboo, I crossed over to Ikano Power Centre where the Cold Storage is to get some foodstuff. Since I already knew what I wanted to buy, it was a quick walk round the aisles with a basket in hand. Got all that I needed, then it was back to the Curve side, got the car and headed for home.

At home, put all the stuff away, got myself comfortable then settled down to watch tv for a bit. 


Later, around half past nine, my cousin Afnir Aziz and I headed to Rasta to meet up with Raja Anor Shah@Arnott. My cousin and I shared a plate of fried char kuay teow and waffles with ice-cream, while Arnott had waffles with butter and maple syrup. When we arrived, that were not that many people at the Coffee Hut but the crowd gradually increased as time went by. Didn't stay for long though cause my cuz was not well. We set off for home after about an hour and a half.

Still had things to do at home though. Got myself comfortable, changed into my nightwear, opened my lappy BUT not for FACEBOOK...I had some editing to do for a blogger friend, Shahrin Osman, who happens to be an FB pal but I have never met him yet! His blog is The Fakawi Traveler. Though all his entries have been published, I went through them again, proofreading and correcting grammatical and spelling mistakes. Oh yeah, btw, he hired me as his proofreader...hehe...Shahrin, I know you are reading this so be prepared for the bill...LOL


I also did a bit of paperwork of my personal stuff and updated on some important information. By then, it was way past midnight. I had wanted to try sleeping earlier but I guess, my brain still had some adjusting to do, so I ended up sleeping late, as usual....






Comments

  1. wow one week without facebook ? omg my hats off to u LDK,i am addicted to FB,give me some of that Facebook pills LDK :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria...one week is nothing dear. I've done this for a month before...hehe...anymore, I have 5 more days to go...wish me more luck eh?...:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! salute to LDK! ever since i lost my BB last year, i think the only time that i'm off from FB and twitter. Kinda restless at first, but managed to overcome the addiction. Thank God! Yet, still can't stay away from those two social media when i'm at my own computer. ngeh ngeh ngeh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Mizie, thanks for reading...:)...there are times when you hv to be your own master and not let your heart rule your head...in this instance, staying away from FB and only go back when you want to or need to...be strong, be determined and of course, you need lots of will power too...haha

      Delete
  4. Ikhwan ChenJanuary 28, 2012

    Nice LDK, a good way to get away from the FAD and I know you are not. Keep your blogs coming, will see you back soon. Many Love to you. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Ikhwan, yeah, I ain't no FAD...hehe...and my Day 2 without FB is coming up soon. Many love to you too my dear...:))

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage - Second Time Around (Part 2)

Hello!!!

It's been 3 years...