Back again...

 Yes! I am back...again...after a hiatus of 3 years. I keep doing that don't I? Oh well, there have been times when I felt lazy to do anything. Even my painting have been put on hold for quite a while now. My mood dictates most times. Yup! My MOOD! So my blogs faced the same fate as my painting and other interests.


Anyway, since my last blog entry in 2020, my first grandson was born on 30th of August, to my daughter Nisrin and my son-in-law Armand.  One day short of Malaysia's Merdeka Day. Named Bayzeid Mizal, as cute as can be...all grandmothers will attest to the cuteness of their grandchildren...right? Haha...He'll be turning 3 this year. How time flies...can still remember holding him in my arms after he was born. Brought back memories of me cradling my own bundles of joy many, many years ago. Such a nice feeling it was and one that I'll always cherish.



Being a grandmother for the first time brought a new perspective to my life.  I have sort of mellowed in some ways too... not sure how but I think I have. I look at things differently now. I am more calm too  I guess. There are things in life where you should just let it run it's course. With no intervention, no interruptions. Accept things as how it should be. 


20th of April 2022, in the midst of the holy month of Ramadan, was a sad day for the family. My dearest mother passed away, leaving us all shell shocked and in disbelief. On the same morning, I had gone to visit her at my elder sister's house. My daughter and grandson came along. She was cheerful and her usual self. She could not fast so I brought her favourite bread roll and she got to eat some. We even got to take a picture with her which turned out to be our very last pic with her. There was no indication whatsoever that she was leaving us all forever! After we left my sister's house around 2 in the afternoon, my mother went in her room for her usual nap and she never woke up. May Allah forever bless her soul and place her among the righteous. 



October 2022 presented me with my second grandson, Altaf Mateen, born to my eldest son Hariz and my daughter-in-law Shareen. Another cutie pie for me and the family. He will be 1 year old this October. A spitting image of his dad too. Looking at him is like looking at his dad,  30 over years ago! hahaha...



Fast forward to 2023, my youngest son Imran, the 5th of 6 kids, got engaged to Del in January. Yup, he superseded two older brothers to the altar in May. The solemnisation ceremony was on his dad's birthday while the reception on our side coincided with my birthday...nice isn't it? 2 dates to always remember. So now the family has grown with another addition to the brood. Now it's  6 children, 2 daughters-in-law, 1 son-in-law and 2 grandsons...with more to come...In shaw Allah...God willing.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello!!!

A MILESTONE birthday...

Marriage - Second Time Around (Part 2)