Resolutions, resolutions, resolutions...

Yeah...what are resolutions exactly? For me, resolutions are a set of goals I set for myself to be accomplished, maybe, till the end of the year....haha... The goals varies and of course that which suits my needs, in other words.

I was first introduced to having a new year resolution by my late father when I was in my early teens. He would make me and my other sisters write out our resolutions and read them out to him and my mum! Yup! We had to read our resolutions to him so he would know if we had our priorities straight. Anyway, he gave us each a diary too so that we can keep track of our activities. Initially, we were most diligent in filling up our diaries but as the year progressed, we became lazy and stopped updating our activities altogether...that was till another new year approached...hahahaha

The same can be said for our resolutions too. We would try to complete what we had listed but somewhere through the year, the resolutions took a back seat to other daily stuff. So, for many years now, I have stopped having resolutions. I would just take each day as it comes and try to fulfill whatever hopes and goals that was within reach.

But for this coming new year which is just a few hours away, (I still do not want to have another resolution though), I want to be a better person, spiritually, mentally and physically. I will not set limits for myself on when I need to achieve them. Setting limits would be like tying myself down to something that I may not be able to accomplish. Instead, I will take things slowly in my own pace and in my own time. That way, I would not be disappointing myself unnecessarily.

Well, this is how I see what resolutions are to me. It will of course be different for everyone too, so just be yourself and do what you think is right and best for you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! May 2017 be good to us. (I've just about had it with what's been happening in 2016. Really an 'annus horriblis'...as what Queen Elizabeth II said in her speech in 1992!)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage - Second Time Around (Part 2)

Hello!!!

It's been 3 years...