Through the years...a sweet memory.

1978...Sultan Ibrahim Girls's School, Johor Baru.

I was 15 years old and in Form 3 then. My dad was transferred to Kem Majidee JB from RMC in Sungai Besi. Was supposed to continue schooling in Assunta Secondary but my grandfather died at the end of 1977. I was supposed to live with him during my SRP year. Oh well, I found myself following my family down to JB instead.

One day,  a school mate came up to me with a letter. It was a letter from an admirer. It was signed Hillary Ang. If I am not mistaken, I replied once only. It was a surprise for me actually. It seemed, he saw me sitting alone, at my school canteen one afternoon. He was there to assist his senior in coaching the school's hockey team. Well, I didn't know then.

After that letter, I saw him again at a sporting meet at a stadium. It was the MSSD and I was in the school relay team. He was there to support his school too I guess. Anyway, that was that. At the end of the year, my dad was transferred back to KL and I went to BBGS.




As the years passed, and I got on with my life, the rock group SEARCH became known and famous. And one of the members who was the lead bassist then was named Hillary Ang. That name sort of struck a chord in my brain and it automatically went into memory mode of when I was 15. I read that Hillary Ang of SEARCH hailed from JB! Ahhhh, is that a coincidence or is that him? So when I looked at his pic, he seemed familiar somehow and that was how it went on for many years after. I used to wonder if that Hillary Ang of SEARCH was the admirer of long ago.

Recently, in MH40s on FB, my cousin came up with the posting where we were asked to complete a sentence that started something like, 'When I was 15......'. Was thinking of what to write when all of a sudden, I remembered about the letter and I wrote about it and mentioned who I thought it was from.

Lo and behold! After reading what I wrote, my cousin mentioned that Hillary Ang is in her friends list on FB! She quickly sent him a message and told him about me, stating my full name. He immediately added me on FB and we have been chatting ever since. Catching up on lost time...haha...and of course now, it's 100%, he is THE Hillary Ang of SEARCH! My goodness! He admired me so long ago...

I do hope we get to meet each other face to face one day. It would be lovely to see how much or little we've changed...haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4zmcWDhQ78&feature=BFa&list=PLEDA7C7352E3D96CC&lf=plpp_video


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage - Second Time Around (Part 2)

Hello!!!

It's been 3 years...