Marriage - Second Time Around (Part 1)

Yeah...what is marriage the second time around eh? Don't know if there's anything much I can say for now for it's only been about 3 weeks that I remarried. But what I can say is that it feels good and I am embarking on a new journey somewhat... for in this marriage, I have parents-in-law! In my former marriage, I only had sisters and brothers-in-law and that too, I have known them since childhood.

Anyway, my parents-in-law are very lovely people...down to earth, humble and unimposing...simple people in fact and I am comfortable with them. Of course it takes getting used to calling my father-in-law 'baba' but then, I could...haha...Calling my mother-in-law 'mak' was easier cause I have been doing that since before I got married.

I am married to a wonderful guy 11 years my junior and so far, I don't have any problems with that. The age difference does not bother me at all...the more so with my husband. I still respect and obey him as how a wife should. Me being older too does not mean I have control over everything. So, there's NO question of my husband being 'Queen Controlled' ok?...hahaha...Anyway, there's an understanding between us and we give each other our trust, love and commitment. For any marriage to work, IT TAKES TWO... :)

After over 3 years being single again and now I am married again, I sometimes wonder if I had done the right thing. But what I can say is, everything is in Allah's hands and my life's journey has been mapped since before I was born. So, I am going through a second phase of my life, so to speak and I am embracing it with an open heart and an open mind. Some people have sort of asked me if I know what I'm doing by marrying again. What I can say is that if I did not go through with this, I will never know. With Allah's blessings, I am sure everything will turn out fine and everything goes on as it should.

Since my divorce, I have lived by 'what is meant to be will be'...and I will continue to live by it till I breathe my last breath...

This is all that I can manage for now. I may, in future write more on this topic...that's after I've had a number of years to fall back on...hahaha


(Please look out for Part 2...it's already posted.)

Comments

  1. Oh wow I came here from a random link from another website. This is so informative content. There are many things to learn. I really appreciate your efforts. All concepts are so brief.
    Religious Marriages online

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage - Second Time Around (Part 2)

It's been 3 years...

A MILESTONE birthday...