A Letter To My Ex - June 11th.

This letter was actually written on the 11th of June,2010 and posted in my FB in my Notes. I have reproduced it here so others who have not read it can relate this to the coming topics that I am going to expound on....and of course relating more to my life and experiences.





Dear Mr. Ex,

I am not sure if you remember what day today is ,but that's nothing new. You were always terrible with dates, as the case with most men I think. Anyway, it's the date of our marriage 23 years ago and if we are still married, it's our 23rd wedding anniversary.

Alas, our dreams of growing old together and seeing our children grow up, get married and have families of their own will never be realised now.Many things have happened in our lives before, the good and the bad too. And as in every marriage, we had our ups and downs. But I think we had more ups than downs and that was good.But as Allah has decreed otherwise, our marriage could only last for nearly 22 years and it was unfortunate that we had to part. Well everything happened for a reason. Though I wish things could have turned out differently, it was not meant to be and I have come to accept it.

Everything changed drastically in my life as well as yours but I think mine was more. Throughout the days and months after the divorce, I have learnt to pick myself up and to slowly face the challenges that were in my way. Alhamdulillah, with the care, concern and support from family and friends, I am able to get on with my life albeit with many changes.I still find it difficult though to meet people that I have known because of the stigma that comes with being a DIVORCED WOMAN. I do not ever want to be labelled a husband stealer. I'd rather spend the rest of my life alone and I think I will be happy with that.

Anyway, what I really wanted to say here is, Thank You for those 22 years that we were together. I have no regrets whatsoever and I think most of those 22 years had been happy ones. Well, how could it not be right, since we have 6 beautiful children together. And I also thank you for the wonderful times we had and all the places that you had brought me to.I will always remember them.Now, we are no more together and I wish you well and good things always. I want you to find the happiness that you have always wanted that you could not find with me. I am sorry I could not give you the happiness you desired but I am sure in future you get what you seek and I will be happy for you.

So I end this letter with all my best wishes for you and may you be happy and contented with your true soulmate, whoever she may be.



Sincerely,

Ms. Ex...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage - Second Time Around (Part 2)

A MILESTONE birthday...

It's been 3 years...