SAYONARA! Till we meet again soon...

Felt like I had just gone to bed and closed my eyes to sleep. It's time to wake up already? Oh well, I can catch up on more sleep later.

I had an early start today. Had to drive to Glenmarie to make sure my kids had everything ready for their trip to Japan. Lucky for the school holidays, the roads were jam free. Arrived with time to spare. Made sure they had their passports and tickets, suitcases locked and easily identifiable (we tied ribbons to the handles) and made sure nothing was forgotten.

Arrived at the airport ahead of time. No long queues today. Surprising but welcomed. Had a fast and smooth check-in too. All that done and boarding passes in hand, we went to have a McDonald's breakfast. Their flight departed at 11am and they went through immigration before 10.

Kissing and hugging them goodbye, I steeled myself not to cry. I watched them going down the escalator and walk towards immigration with a heavy heart while waving goodbye. They were flying off for the first time with neither parent. Luckily my eldest daughter was old enough to look after her younger siblings, so I think they should be ok. They were to spend 2 days in Tokyo before their father and eldest brother joined them from Fukuoka. It's good to know too that there will be someone to look after them for those 2 days and they will be taken to Tokyo Disneyland to enjoy themselves.

How different it is now with the kids of this generation who are able to travel unaccompanied by parents. They are independent, confident and smart. There's no fear in them either. Give them instructions and words of caution on some dangers that might be encountered, they listen attentively and nod with understanding. It's a far cry from our younger days I guess, when we were always dependent on our parents. All we had to do was just follow them...how kids mature faster now and all thanks to the exposure they get with the internet at their fingertips, so to speak.

They will be back on Monday but I will not be at the airport to receive them. Their father and eldest brother will be with them and that's all taken care of.

I wish my kids a 'rocking good time' there, especially at Tokyo Disneyland and I do hope they snap lots of pics as a reminder of their wonderful trip there. Will surely miss them very much.




SAYONARA Nisrin, Aiman, Imran and Dhirah. Till we meet when all of you are back again. Love you all very much!!! Looking forward to our own holiday abroad, just you kids and mama, ya?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage - Second Time Around (Part 2)

Hello!!!

It's been 3 years...