Mind your own business...

What is it with some people that they seem to want to know everything that goes on in your life? They have nothing better to do than to make your life their business!!!...I abhor this type of people and I see them as not having a life of their own and they live a life of lies and deception. I too call them BUSY BODIES. Agreed?

I have a Facebook account and I know for sure that so many others here have it too. It's a place for me to make new friends, locate old ones, air my views and to share my thoughts among others. It's a medium of interaction and also a means of business networking for some. But for what reason or other that I cannot fathom, I had spies who were either on my list or in my friends' list that made it his or her business to report on what was being said on my wall!!! Can you believe that? And worse still, this spy told my mother, yes, you read it correctly, MOTHER. And my mother of all people, had to make it her business too, to poke her nose into my affairs. This is not fair at all on me. How old did she think I was?...I was more disappointed than angry then.

Not only did I have busybodies in FB, but outside as well....and once again my mother made it her business and this time it was to interrogate me. Hahaha...well looking back at it, I can laugh it off now but at the time of interrogation, I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. Everything seemed so ridiculous. There was my mother on the phone with me, telling me that someone saw me with a guy at Hartamas Square, and I was divorced then. I even asked my mother if it was wrong for me to be seen with another man in public, having a meal or two or chatting over a cuppa. If I can't even do these things, how am I supposed to meet other people, let alone go out on dates. I was 46 then and she made me out to be like I was in my late teens or twenties and never been married!

This is the work of people who can't seem to leave me and my life alone. They have to intrude and make things difficult for me, to the point of being too intrusive. I pity them so much and the pathetic lives they lead.

But I take all this as a part of the new life I'm leading now and am not bothered with what others want to say anymore. What I do with my life is surely my business. As long as it does not disturb anyone else's life, I should be left alone to my devices. 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me!'

Well readers, wish me luck on this new life I am embarking on. I still have a long way to go but with the support and care of everyone who knows and love me, I will and can make it, God willing...InsyaAllah.






Comments

  1. Be strong D Darling. u know who u are & what u are, as long as u're happy no one can deny u that happiness.(((((hugs)))))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage - Second Time Around (Part 2)

Hello!!!

It's been 3 years...