DAY 6 - Tuesday, 31st January, 2012

Daddy dearest,

It's 22 years ago since you've been gone daddy. 22 long years without your presence. You left a void in our lives, especially in mum's. She lost her other half that made her whole, she lost a friend whom she could share her thoughts with but most of all, she lost a loving husband who she was dependent on for so many things in her life. A man who made her feel safe, a man who protected her from harm, a man who loved her with every beat of his heart.
We, your 4 daughters lost the best daddy in the world. We lost a loving and understanding daddy, a man who was so protective of us, though it was a bit cloying at times daddy...hehe. We know you meant well and didn't want any harm to come to us, but daddy, sometimes, it was good if you could just have let things be...In some ways, you did spoil us. You didn't even let us take the bus to go anywhere...I think we only knew how to take the bus when we were all in college or overseas!

I miss you daddy, so very much. I have missed all those times when we pored over manuals and went about setting up stuff that needed us to pore over the manuals...hehe...I was like the son you never had daddy. So I was the one you always looked for when it came to all these stuff. In a way, that was good daddy, cause it made me independent and I could do all those things by myself.

You were taken from us so early daddy. You were only 52 years old then. You didn't even get to experience having 7 grandsons and 5 granddaughters. If you were still with us now, you would be one happy and loving granddad....that I can bet my last ringgit on!...You have more boys now than you could have ever wished for. And all your grandkids would love you to bits!
All your daughters have their own families now. Everyone is here in Malaysia except for Ninie, who is an Aussie housewife now. She has Robert Keith Blakiston@Rashid Abdullah whom we call Bob to look after her and we are happy for her and her new life. Though she's far away, she still comes back to visit.
As for me, I am sorry that my marriage didn't last. I wished for a 'happily, ever after' ending but Allah dictated otherwise. He had plans for me daddy and I accepted all that has happened as my fate and destiny. Not to worry, I am strong daddy and I have survived the last two and a half years quite well indeed. With the love and support of all who cared, I pulled through the dark times of my life and passed Allah's test in one piece.

Never a day passes without me remembering all the good times I had with you daddy. How I wish you are still around to share all our lives with us, to share in all the good times and the bad, the happy times and the sad. But, it was time for you to go daddy and you went so suddenly. But Allah took you away at the time He loved you the most and we are happy for that.

So daddy dear, we know you are in a better place now and you are well taken care of. May Allah bless your soul and may He place you among the blessed and the chosen.


Love you forever daddy!

Comments

  1. al-fatihah...always carry his name in yr heart and pour all his goodness to yr children and their children..like you i too lost my dad when i was 18 a very long time ago and through out the years his memories and his jokes still lingers..I do pray you too..without our father we would not be here too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. mana ninie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ikhwan ChenJanuary 31, 2012

    Al-Fatihah to you and family for the great loss of your late dad. It is always painful to lost someone you love and respect especially when one is growing up. Your late dad would have been very proud of all his daughters and also all the grandchild. No matter what you are now whether success or struggling or rebuilding your life. I am very sure your late father will always should his love and support to his kids.
    Be close to those who are still living as we never know when we will be parting this world to meet our creator the Almighty Allah.
    Btw, heard that your are having a bad cough. I pray for you that you will recover soon.
    Cheers and have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Al-Fatihah... and get well soon LDK.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage - Second Time Around (Part 2)

Hello!!!

It's been 3 years...